Festival Season is just around the corner!
October is the time when the entire country is in the mood of celebration, high spirit and exuberance. The celebration and devotion start from the Navratis, Durga Pooja till Dussehra.
This festive season is the most awaited period of a year, and so Cryobanks India has put in the efforts to make the festival as grand as possible.
Visit our website during this period and sign up for our #CryoFestiveOffer to win Free Stem Cell Banking*.
This festive month of October, we are super excited to announce our #CryoFestiveOffer just for all the loving expecting parents. The Offer has begun and will keep rolling till the end of October. With our #CryoFestiveOffer, we offer a chance to preserve stem cells of your newborn.
YES!! You heard it right.
With #CryoFestiveOffer, parents who sign up for Cryobanks’ Stem Cell Banking can get a chance to win Free Stem Cell Banking every week*.
- So, Hurry!! Offer for limited period only.
Come and celebrate your parenthood with us, this month of October.
Stem Cell Treatment has been an incredible discovery in the history of medical technology. It is also considered to be the future of medical technology. India has been very active in stem cell research and it uses, when compared to other countries. It has more rules and regulations governing stem cell researches.
Research done till now have proved that stem cells have the potential to treat various human diseases. Some researchers are still in their early stages, but in cases of Spinal Cord Injuries, thalassemia etc. It is prove to be effective therapy. The stem cells have the power of reproducing different types of cells and thus help in repair of many tissues & organs. They are:
1. Embryonic Stem Cells or Fetal Stem Cells from aborted fetus
2. Adult Stem Cells from tissues, skin and bone marrow
3. Cord Blood Cells from the umbilical cord
4. Adipose derived stem cells from Adipose tissue
STEM CELLS AND THE TREATMENTS
Prevention Is Better Than Cure…
The only stem cell treatment majorly used in India for the time being is bone marrow transplantation & now Cord Blood derived Stem cells. Blood-forming stem cells in the bone marrow are used to cure blood cancers, such as leukemia. This life-saving technique has helped thousands people worldwide who had been suffering from blood cancer.
Stem cell researchers are exploring ways to treat numerous diseases. Here, look at some health problems that stem cells might someday cure or at least help treat:
- • Haematopoietic stem cells, which are also known as blood-forming stem cells, can be used for treating blood disorders.
- • Stem cells hold tremendous potential in curing Diabetes. People with type 1 diabetes, whose insulin-making pancreatic cells have been damaged, stem cell as a source of insulin-producing cells may be used for the treatment. The research is going on with a high pace & positive findings have been reported.
- • Osteoarthritis results when protective cartilage in joint breakdown. Stem cells could be used to rebuild the lost cartilage and repair the joints.
- • Stem Cells can also be used to treat the burn victims. Instead of donor tissues, stem cells could be used to produce new and healthy tissues which might be used for skin transplantation.
- • Stem cell research into heart disease has also shown some very positive result. Stem Cells have the potential of replacing many of the damaged heart tissue with healthy cells.
- • Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Lung diseases, Cancer, Spinal Cord Injuries, and Retinal Diseases, etc. are some other diseases in the list.
You may not be aware of potential stem cells have to treat even more diseases in the future. Scientists are working hard to learn about how stem cells can treat more serious diseases.
IMPORTANCE OF STEM CELL AWARENESS
Due to the lack of awareness on stem cells and its treatment, people often get cheated by the fraud service providers. They take advantage of your ignorance, which might be harmful. So, this October, help us to spread awareness about the stem cell treatment by joining your hands with us.
Visit our Facebook page today, as we will share some very interesting facts and information about stem cells. Comprehend and share the information with your friends and family to spread the awareness.
Spread awareness and be safe.
- Take Care!
The pleasant autumn brings with it the Dengue Season. The rainy season is a perfect time for the mosquito breeding. This humid atmosphere invites many mosquito-borne diseases which hits hundreds of people and even cause many deaths. Dengue during pregnancy brings greater risk of complications for you and your growing baby. Find out, how dengue harms your pregnancy and your growing baby? And, learn the ways to prevent dengue during pregnancy.
Adverse Effects of Dengue on You and Your Growing Baby
If you suffer from dengue during pregnancy, it is a reason to worry! A proper treatment and rest is very essential to avoid any kind of serious complications. Dengue during pregnancy can bring complications like:
- Pre-eclampsia: It is a serious complication of pregnancy associated with the development of high blood pressure, edema (swelling), and protein in the urine.
- Pre-term labour: You may give birth to your baby at less than 37 weeks gestational age.
- Low birth weight baby: There may be a risk of your baby born weighing less than 2,500 grams.
- Caesarean births: Caesarean births are common in ladies who suffer from dengue in pregnancy.
- Miscarriage: Harmful dengue virus can even cause miscarriage in pregnant women.
- Haemorrhage: Delivery while having dengue increases the risk of heavy bleeding, and you may need a blood transfusion.
Though, the direct transfer of dengue infection from mother to child is unusual, but in some rare cases, the baby is born with dengue or develops dengue during the first two weeks of life. Dengue in babies can be spotted with the common symptoms like fever, low temperature, rashes, irritation, fussiness, agitation, or sleepiness, etc.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure…
Dengue can be prevented by taking a few precautions, like:
- - Keeping mosquitoes away by emptying still water collected in pots or cans in the area near your home as it offers them a place to breed.
- - Avoiding mosquito bites by wearing loose long-sleeved clothes.
- - Stay in cool and air conditioned place, because mosquitoes do not grow in low temperature areas.
- - Use mosquito repellents and apply 10-30% concentration of repellent on the skin exposed.
- - Use bed nets while sleeping to prevent mosquito bites.
Stay safe and stay away from Dengue and other disease during pregnancy.
Read more about pregnancy here: http://www.cryobanksindia.com/blogs/pregnancytips/
- This National Nutrition Week, focus on the nutrients, pregnant ladies! Find out why to pack your pregnancy diet with the essential nutrients, like folate, iron and vitamin D, etc. And, Celebrate the National Nutrition Week 2015 with Cryobanks India.
- Benefits of Nutritious Diet for the Would-Be-Mothers and Their Babies
- There are no short cuts or easy way to a healthy pregnancy. Following the basic principles of healthy eating and exercise are the only way to enjoy a healthy pregnancy. A nutritious and well balanced diet is the greatest present a would-be-mother can gift to her developing baby. A healthy, balanced pregnancy diet will protects you and your growing baby. The right choice of foods will help you get all the complex mix of nutrients that pregnant women need.
- Including these nutrients in your meals are very important:
- Calcium: Add Yogurt, Milk, Orange Juice, Tofu and Paneer in your diet as they are the richest source of Calcium. Calcium protects you from the health issues like low bone density, high blood pressure during pregnancy. And, your growing baby consumes the calcium he needs from your body, to build his bones and teeth healthy.
- Proteins: Proteins are often called as a builder nutrient. It helps in building of important organs in the baby, like the brain and heart, etc. Food you need to include in your pregnancy diet for proteins are meat, poultry, fish, dried beans and peas, eggs, nuts, and tofu, etc.
- Vitamins: A healthy pregnancy demands Vitamin D and Vitamin C in the diet. Vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium and your baby needs vitamin D to help his bones and teeth grow stronger. Whereas Vitamin C is important for the formation of collagen, which is essential in blood vessel development. Fruits and vegetables in your diet supply you with Vitamins.
- Iron: Iron is necessary to make more blood to supply the baby with oxygen. Consumption of less Iron can cause Anemia, a condition resulting in fatigue and an increased risk of infections. Meat, poultry, fish, dried beans and peas, iron-fortified cereal are some food items which fill your diet with Iron.
- Iodine: Iodine helps in brain and nervous system development of your baby. It also helps in preventing pregnancy problems like slow growth of fetus, severe mental disability in babies, and deafness, etc. Having Iodine in your diet is important as it prevents miscarriage and stillbirth. Food items rich in Iodine are Cod, Yogurt, Cottage cheese, baked potato with peel, Cow’s milk, Fish Sticks, and Navy beans, etc.
- Folic Acid: Folic Acid is very important in a pregnancy diet. It helps to prevent birth defects in the baby’s brain and spine. It also helps to prevent early miscarriage and premature delivery. You can get folic acid from food items like, Lentils, Spinach, broccolis, and white rice, etc.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: DHA is one of the omega-3 fatty acids, which are very important for the growing baby. You can get your dose of DHA & other Omega-3 Fatty Acids from food items like Salmons, Blue crabs, Light Tuna, Catfish, and Fortified eggs, etc. DHA helps to boost your baby’s brain development and vision. And, it also helps you in reducing the risk of heart disease in the future.
- Today, stem cell banking is one of the most promising and emerging field of life sciences. Stem cell research has confirmed that it serves as an internal repair mechanism, dividing to replenish other cells. With the progressing outcomes, more and more health care practitioners are now sharing their commendation on the role of stem cells in reducing the human sufferings. These characteristics of the stem cells would help scientists to unfold & tackle diseases such as Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s in the coming future.
- The rising awareness of stem cell banking has encouraged people to save their newborn’s umbilical cord blood for futuristic usage. Since, you too have learnt the value of saving your baby’s cord blood stem cells, now it is time to decide where to bank.
- There are many private stem cell banks in India, and finding the best one for you might require some kind of research work. Your choice for banking is a very personal decision. But do you really know what to look for before taking a final call?
- Factors to be considered while choosing a Stem Cell Bank:
Experience, Credentials: When choosing a stem cell bank, we should take everything into account. The bank’s years of industry experience, Technology used by them, Training of the Staff, number of samples stored, experience of the staff, experience and expertise of the Medical Advisory Board, accreditation and registration, state registration or licenses, etc.
You must make sure the bank you are about to choose is being competently managed and has years of experience and proven scientific background.
- High-tech Laboratory and Location: It is always wise to choose a bank which has their own high-tech labs and storage rooms instead of outsourcing the laboratory function like processing and storage. Their labs and storage rooms must have facilities like power back-up and generators, a monitoring system that ensures controlled environment 24X7.
The Labs and storage rooms must be located at a place less prone to natural disasters such as flood, earthquakes etc. They must also be protected against fire.
- Financial Stability: Take no risk when it comes to the financial stability of the bank. What is the point of investing your baby’s precious stem cells in a bank which isn’t stable bought and sold often by its owners. It is always better to check the financial stability of the stem cell bank you are planning to opt for.
- Pricing: What payment plans are available? What discounts or promotions are you qualify for? What are the annual storage fees for the cord blood banking?
- Quality & Best Therapeutic Outcomes: It is one of the important factors for deciding to choose a bank. The company works towards national and international collaborations to provide the “best of class” facilities in stem cell industry in India. Also it has high end processing and storage technology which are approved by International authorities. No doubt the therapeutic outcome of the retrieved sample shall also be looked at it, which the single outstanding decision is making factor.
Choose a bank, which will not only preserve your baby’s stem cell, but also care about your pocket. A good stem cell bank will provide many price options to its customers. Check the pricing options provided by the banks and then come to the conclusion.
- Experience, Credentials: When choosing a stem cell bank, we should take everything into account. The bank’s years of industry experience, Technology used by them, Training of the Staff, number of samples stored, experience of the staff, experience and expertise of the Medical Advisory Board, accreditation and registration, state registration or licenses, etc.
- Now that you’ve cut short your long list of stem cell banks to just a few, it’s time to research and finalize one bank among them as your stem cell banking partner.
- Download the free informational brochures from the websites of the stem cell banks and compare them with each other. Call them or interact on-line with them. It’s the perfect time to get answers to all your questions. Once you have detailed information on every bank, we suppose it won’t be difficult for you to choose the best among them.
- Learn more about Stem Cell Banking and Cryobanks India here