During the dynamic 9 months of pregnancy, a pregnant lady undergoes many emotional and physical changes, such as her belly comes out, her bump grows and lot more. This is the time when a woman requires care and love from her partner and from other family members. It is very important to keep a pregnant lady fit, healthy and happy.
There are many pregnant ladies who opt for exercise, as it has a positive impact both on the mother and on the baby. Although, there are many pregnant ladies who are filled with umpteen excuses to avoid exercise, such as it is boring, no time, lack of energy, it may harm the baby and lot more but the fact is that exercise helps the baby and mum to be healthy.
A pregnant lady must start with mild exercises
- To get started with exercise, a pregnant lady must wear comfortable exercise clothes and footwear that gives strong arch support and ankle support.
- A pregnant lady should wear a good fitting support bra so that she can protect her swollen breasts.
- As exercise leaves a positive impact; therefore, choosing an exercises that do not causes tiredness and pain is important.
- Frequent breaks must be taken during the exercise and a lady should drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- If feeling tired or out of breath then no need to continue, rest can be taken.
- Stretching and relaxing; stretch before and after exercises are very important.
- Exercise must be very slow and one at a time.
- For healthy exercise a pregnant lady must eat healthy diet that must include fruits, carbohydrates and vegetables. Intake of calcium is also vital as it helps in formation of baby’s bone (skeleton).
There are few points that should be avoided-
- A pregnant lady must avoid exercises that strain her lower back and lifting weights above the head.
- Exercise should be done on stable surface as Exercising on unstable or uneven surface can cause pain to the mother.
- Avoid exercising in hot surroundings.
- Hard contact sporting activities must be avoided.
- A pregnant lady must avoid exercising by lying flat on the ground because this reduces the blood supply to the baby.
Although, certain advice and guidelines must be taken from the doctor before planning to start an exercise program. The sole benefit of exercise is that it keeps the mother and the baby healthy, energetic and happy as care during pregnancy is very vital.