Pregnancy is rather an exciting and difficult period for the whole family. Not only the pregnant woman goes through a lot of stress, it is also difficult for other family members to keep up to it. You usually have to take care of many things when a woman is pregnant. Most importantly, you should not neglect various symptoms and signs that may lead to dangerous problems for the mother or the child. Having a knowledge about the potential dangers in pregnancy helps you in tackling them if necessary.
Some common symptoms of danger signs during pregnancy
1) Vaginal bleeding – This is a serious matter of concern with pregnant women. The possible causes of vaginal bleeding in pregnant women may be miscarriage, placental abruption or placental previa. Other causes that may result in the same can be hormonal bleeding or implantation bleeding.
2) Pain in lower abdomen – Abdominal pain is quite common during pregnancy. Due to this, a person usually tends to neglect it even if it is serious. You must visit a doctor as soon as you feel abdominal pain as it may be a result of a miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy or abruption. Uterine growth or ligament pain may also result in abdominal or pelvic pain.
3) Back pain – It is quite necessary to get a checkup for your pregnancy weekly. Long gaps between consultations can give rise to a lot of problems. Back pains are common. But, persistent back pains may be a result of a miscarriage or preterm labor. Other possibilities are a kidney or bladder infection or cyst.
4) Swollen hands or face – A pregnant woman should be relieved of stress and tensions. Hypertension during pregnancy can be the main cause for swollen hands or face in pregnant women.
5) No fetal movement – One of the worst signs that you may witness during pregnancy is no fetal movement in the body. This is a sign that is usually witnessed in the later stages of pregnancy. Fetal distress or fetal demise may be the causes for no fetal movement. Sometimes, slowed movements also feel as if there is no fetal movement. Rather than panicking, visiting a doctor is a good option.
6) Contractions prior to end of third trimester – If you are feeling regular contractions even before nearing the end of the third trimester, there might be a serious problem. Such problems are generally caused by preterm labor. It might also be possible that some gastric trouble might be doing this for you. But in that case, the contractions won’t be regular.
7) Fluid from vagina – Secretion of fluid from your vagina can be a matter of some serious concern. It may be caused due to preterm labor, preterm rupture of membranes or a miscarriage. A leaky bladder or watery mucus could also be the causes.
8 ) Other issues – You need to keep a check on your pregnancy weekly as you may even face severe headaches or blurry vision from time to time. These may be a result of eclampsia or PIH.