- Banking & Benefits
- Success Stories
Stem Cell Banking: Make Your Baby Healthy For A Lifetime
- Some decisions can last a lifetime…. Preserve your baby’s stem cells!
Becoming a parent is a lifetime responsibility…
Having a baby is one of the most emotional and fascinating moments in life. Parents do so much to prepare for their child’s birth and ensure their child’s life will be a healthy, happy one. Some recent medical innovations offer new possibilities to address previously unmet medical needs. Cord blood banking is one of the things they need to consider.
Cord blood banking to preserve your baby’s stem cells:
Cord blood banking involves collecting blood left in your newborn’s umbilical cord and storing it for future medical use. Cord blood contains powerful lifesaving cells called stem cells. Cord blood is also used by Doctors to save lives today. Cord blood stem cell transplants have already changed—and saved—thousands of lives around the world. They have already been used to treat more than 75 diseases, including numerous types of malignancies, anaemia, inherited metabolic disorders and deficiencies of the immune system.
Stem cells are precious because they have the ability to develop into different kinds of cells within the human body. Stem cells are essentially the building blocks of the human body. Every stem cell has two main characteristics:
Cord blood stem cells are biologically younger and are more flexible compared to adult stem cells from other sources like bone marrow. They have:
- • Less risk of complications when used in transplants
- • Ability to use one’s own stem cells for conditions that currently lack medical treatment options, also known as “AUTOLOGOUS TRANSPLANTATION”
- • Immediately available and can minimize disease progression in early treatment
Preserving them “STOPS THE CLOCK” and protects the cells from aging and being exposed to environmental factors and common viruses that can decrease their function.
Steps to store your Child’s stem cells…
Steps in Cord Blood Banking
- At Cryobanks, we have the passion and knowledge to assist you by offering the possibility to store your baby’s stem cells from umbilical cord tissue and cord blood. If you’d like further information, please contact us here. We look forward to hearing from you!